Thursday, July 9, 2009

Workout and Meals 7/8/09

I'm a little behind because of a modem issue which ended up not being a modem issue. Long story. Anyhow, I realized one thing without the use of a computer for almost an entire day. I spend too much time on it! I have a laptop in my kitchen and a computer in an office upstairs and each computer has something open on it. I may have a serious problem. I don't watch TV much at all in the evenings but I do spend that time on the computer. I think I am going to cut back a bit.

Here was my day:
a.m. - workout - track sprint intervals. all out sprints on the straights and walking the curves.
1. syntrax nectar protein drink
green drink w/1tablespoon flax oil, green tea

2. chobani plain greek yogurt w/sliced mango, blueberries, and a few raw walnuts

3. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/roasted zucchini, red onion, and red bell pepper, feta cheese, watermelon

4. sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons roasted garlic hummus, veggie fries (I was craving salt)

5. 5 oz shrimp cocktail w/my cocktail sauce (organic ketchup, lots of horseradish, and a squeeze of lemon), steamed broccoli, 1/4 c brown rice

6. cherries, nut and seed crunch bar

I was disappointed the bleachers were soaked so no stairs but I did notice there was a big truck tire laying at one end of the football field and a plyometric box on the other end. I didn't do anything with them but I'm thinking of skipping spin on Friday to head back there and give that tire a few flips. I want to use the opportunity before it's not longer available to me! What a way to shake up training.

In all the free time I had in the evening I was able to practice swings with my brand new 12 kg kettlebell. I also did five naked turkish get ups on each side. I practiced the swings in my foyer on a wood floor with no shoes and TGUs on a rug in my bedroom. I would have went outside but it was dusk and mosquitos like me a little too much. ;-)
This is what I did with the swings.
10 swings, 30 sec rest
10 swings, 30 sec rest
15 swings, 30 sec rest
15 swings, 30 sec rest
10 swings
I felt during this practice that going over 15 was compromising form so I stopped there. Then I moved on to the TGU practice. It was fun and a nice way to wind down the day.

After a quick shower, I sat and read Enter the Kettlebell by Pavel. An entertaining read and I picked up alot of information from it.

All in all, I felt I got quite a few things accomplished. I definitely want to continue with kettlebell practice a few times a week just to get the basics down. I'm in no rush. I just want to have fun.

What's the point of doing it if it's not fun?

1 comment:

  1. "Ding!" "Ding!" "Ding!"
    "Winna, Winna, Chicken Dinna!" - Mr. Funner

    My way of saying, you are absolutely right, Julie, when you say you should have fun while you're at it! No other way!

    Nice looking KB swing set! I've been doing something like in the mornings, as well.

    PLEASE post about your tire flipping experience....(I can see the local headlines now: T-1000 Greenteaterminator flips tire onto roof of school!")

    Thanks for the post!

    Fred

    ReplyDelete