I got up this morning at 5:30 am to do my weight workout in my new Chucks. I will say there is a huge difference. Those cushy running sneakers were doing me NO favors!
Here's my day:
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - syntrax nectar protein drink w/brown rice cake
after shower - green drink w/1 tablespoon flax oil, green tea
2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop of Miracle Reds, serving of Mrs Mays nut berry crunch
3. 2 egg whites, 1 egg in a brown rice tortilla with salsa and chopped raw red bell pepper, honeydew and watermelon salad
4. chocolate almond smoothie -2 tablespoons raw almonds, 1 pitted date, 1 small frozen banana, 1 cup cold water, 1/2 tablespoon each of raw cacao nibs, ground flax seed, and hemp powder.
5. SPICY thai green curry w/shrimp, green beans, and zucchini over 1/4 c white rice
6. cherries, nut and seed crunch bar
New Rules of Lifting Phase 1 workout A
warm up - 5 mins bike + bridges
squat - warm up 45x5, then 3x8 - 65, 75, 80
push up 3x8
seated row 3x8 - 90, 100, 110
step up 3x8 - 15, 15, 20
prone jackknife - 3x15
cool down - 5 mins bike + stretching
Weight portion of the workout 28:48 so about 40 mins total.
I could never seem to progress in my squats. Now I know why (form and footwear),but for the longest time I couldn't get past 70 lbs. Well today I did 80 so I'm thrilled. Now that phase 1 is nearly complete I'm a little bummed. I would have really liked to keep working at it but I'll move on and see where the program leads me. By next Thursday I'll be done with phase 1.
Tomorrow I think I am going to take a spin class but I could change my mind and hit the track. We'll see how I feel in the morning!
Discipline and Squats
18 hours ago