Thursday, May 7, 2009

Workout and Meals for 5/7/09 and Random Thoughts

So glad it's Thursday! This week has been a tough one for me. I am going to change my workout schedule slightly. Tomorrow I'm going to run 3+ miles and Saturday I'm going to pump some iron. Don't laugh but I have a birthday party to go to and there are going to be people there I haven't seen in a decade. I want my arms to be pumped. Is that so wrong?

I have to say that I have a really great feeling about this week's measurements. I am going to take them on Saturday at 5:30 pm instead of Sunday. Sunday is Mother's Day and my day off from the gym this week and I plan on sleeping late and eating some yummy food : ).

Here's how the day went:

Meals for 5/7/09
a.m. - workout (below)
1. immediately following workout - syntrax nectar with 1 tsp glutamine and a brown rice cake
after shower - green drink made w/apple juice, green tea

2. vanilla bean greek yogurt, 1 serving almonds

3. spinach salad w/ 3 oz chicken, 1/2 avocado, 2 sliced strawberries, feta cheese, fresh lemon juice and EVOO (so delicious!), green tea

4. raw cauliflower and red pepper with 3 tablespoons hummus, sesame crunch

5. turkey chili with onion, carrots, corn, black beans, fire roasted tomatoes and spices, 1/2 cup rice, piece of dark chocolate, green tea

6. syntrax nectar with 1 tsp glutamine, nut and seed crunch


Workout
Straight set
RDL 1x8, 4x5 - 45, 55, 65, 70, 75

Superset
reverse grip pulldown 5x8 - 50, 60, 70, 70, 70
burpee/push up combo 5x8
step ups 5x8 - 8, 10, 12, 15, 15
standing shoulder press 5x8 - 10, 12, 12, 12, 12

Straight set
Squat 1x8, 4x5 - 45, 55, 65, 65, 65

Superset
stability ball crunch 3x8
decline sit up 3x8 - 10, 25, 25

Body weight superset
24 squats
12 lunges (each leg)
12 lunge jumps (each leg)
24 squat jumps

I was DONE after this! It was my first time doing lunge jumps and yeah it's not so easy. Took me about an hour.

Gonna crank out 3+ miles tomorrow! I'm on fire!

2 comments:

  1. Great work! I have fond (NOT!) memories of that bodyweight matrix. It's brutal, and oh so effective. I still do it sometimes as a finisher to my workout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notice I only did the matrix once! I think you are supposed to rest and then do it again. I couldn't do it!

    ReplyDelete