Saturday, May 9, 2009

Update for Week of 5/9/09

It's been 2 weeks since I've updated pictures and I can see a difference even though it is slight. Waist is getting smaller and abs are looking better. I did notice this week that my hip bones are more prominent than they usually are.





Measurements - last week (this week)
Height 5 ft 6
Weight 131.5 (129.5)
Bodyfat 21% (21%)
Waist 28 1/8 (28)
Hips 35 1/8 in (35 1/4)
Right arm 10 1/2 in (10 1/4)
Right bicep flex - 11 1/2 (11 1/8)
Right thigh 20 3/4 in (20 1/4)
Right calf 15 5/16 in (14 15/16)
Chest (at largest part) 32 in (31 1/2)
Chest (under) 26 3/16 in (27 1/4)


This is how I'm planning next week:
Sunday - OFF Mother's Day :)
Monday - Spinning
Tuesday - lift + sprints
Wednesday - Run 3.5 miles
Thursday - lift
Friday - Run 3.5 miles
Saturday - Off
Sunday - either lift or run a 5 mile trail run (depending on the weather)

I made a comment on a previous blog post about the lifting program I use. I have this thing about committing to a program since I did Body for Life many years ago and after 12 weeks I looked like a bloated marshmallow with some muscle underneath.

Since then I really have just stuck with the rule of picking compound exercises that are quad dominant, hip dominant, a unilateral leg movement, push, pull, and some kind of ab work and working them into straight sets, super sets, and giant sets. I used http://exrx.net/ as a guide to picking the exercises and rotate among them. I will say that since purchasing New Rules of Lifting for Women, I have been setting up the workouts similar to how Cosgrove has them. I usually write out my workout the night before looking at past exercises as a guide for what I'll do next.

I think after I do this 5 mile race on May 23rd I'm going to think about whether I'll actually do NROL4W as it's written or figure out what my next move is.

Once again, I will be purchasing plenty of fresh produce at the market this week. Keeping the water intake up and have my few cups of green tea every day.

Looking forward to a killer week!

6 comments:

  1. Look at you! Your arms and delts are gorgeous, and you've got nice lats too. All your hard work really shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting! I feel like nothing has changed over the last few weeks but there are steady changes going on (gotta love the pics!) so I'm going to keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have a brutal week ahead of you. Awesome blog. Keep up the good work, I'll be following along with your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress, Julie! And I can definitely see more definition! Question - when are you measuring? I don't know about you, but I'm always a little "pumped" on the day after I lift. You might want to make sure and either 1)always measure on the day after lifting or 2)never measure on the day after. Just an idea. :-) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I usually lift and measure on the same day but it depends. I think that's why my measurements are so up and down. I may have to change the day completely. I ALWAYS lift on Thursdays so I'm thinking Fridays may be the perfect day. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow- You look great! And you're right, the pics don't lie! Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete