Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Workout and Meals for 4/29/09

Very tired this morning but got up, got to the gym and got it done! 3 long miles. Of course it started raining on the way to the gym and when I got there it was muggy and the air wasn't on. So I was being tortured pretty much. Feeling a little sore from yesterday's workout but I feel tight. This is what I love about lifting. If I was just running I'd feel skinny and who wants to feel skinny? Certainly not me!!!!

Lower on carbs for the meal plan today because the workout was cardio only. Here it is!

a.m. - run 3 miles

1. syntrax nectar with glutamine on the way home
then my usual "lots O greens" green drink ; ) and green tea

2. plain greek yogurt with a scoop of Miracle Reds and a serving of nut, fruit crunch.

3. 2 egg white, 1 egg, omlet with feta cheese, green pepper and leftover steamed broccoli from last night, green tea

4. raw broccoli, cauliflower, and green pepper with 3 tablespoons hummus, green tea

5. thai shrimp curry, basically coconut milk w/spices, green beans, peas, bamboo shoots and approx 3 oz shrimp over 1/4 c rice
and coming up soon -

6. syntrax nectar with glutamine, nut/seed crunch bar

The plan for tomorrow is to sleep in a little bit (or as much as my husband and kids will let me) and get my lifting done in the late afternoon. Hoping to feel super strong. Love afternoon lifting!

Hope you are working toward your goals!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl...I am also a fitness enthusiast and just started my 12 week prep for my first Figure show in July...NPC AWW Jen Hendershotts All Womans Weekend...Please join my blog and lets help each other with our SUCCESS to our fitness goals!

    I have two beautiful children a great hubby and just turned 43 years young...

    Here's to the 30+ generation!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meals look solid! Keep staying on your plan and hopefully you'll begin to see some improvements in the photos soon. I'd give it 4 weeks carb cycling and if you stall out, then try ESE.

    If you had to prioritize your muscles, which ones would you like to see the greatest improvements in? Maybe prioritize them from most important to least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really love to lean out my legs in better proportion to the rest of my body. After this race in May, that's what I'm going to focus on!

    ReplyDelete