Friday, June 19, 2009

Raw Food Crazy and Meals 6/19/09

I think I have gone raw food crazy. Really! I took the kids to the library today and came home with 4 books:

Eating in the Raw by Carol Alt
Eat Smart Eat Raw - Creative Vegetarian Recipes for a Healthier Life by Kate Wood
Everyday Raw by Matthew Kenney
Vegetarian Sports Nutrition - Food choices and eating plans for fitness and performance by D. Enette Larsen-Meyer PhD, RD

The truth is I love to read books about diet and fitness and I love cookbooks. I can't get enough of either. The library is great because it doesn't cost a thing and I might learn something new!

This afternoon I did my food shopping for the few raw meals I am going to cook or should I say NOT cook next week! I'm curious to see if there is anything I'd keep in my diet.

I didn't work out today. Instead I chose to relax and I'm feeling rested so I'm ready to kick butt tomorrow.

Here's my meals for today:

1. syntrax nectar protein drink, then greens drink w/1 tablespoon flax oil, green tea

2. chobani plain greek yogurt w/handful blueberries, serving of Mrs Mays nut berry crunch

3. 1/2 c chickpeas, 1/2 c quinoa, few tablespoons salsa, diced raw red pepper

4. raw organic broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, w/3 tablespoons roasted garlic hummus

5. spinach salad w/raw green beans, grape tomato, 1/2 diced avocado, asian dressing served w/4 oz shimp cocktail (w/cocktail sauce), green tea

6. cherries, nut and seed crunch bar

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am to learn basic kettlebell exercises and get a sampling of the workout they do at Jersey Shore Crossfit. Hopefully I won't be too sore to go for a run on Sunday!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment