Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Workout and Meals for 6/17/09

I was up until 11:30 pm last night watching TV and that is pretty late for me. I did manage to get up this morning for my workout but somehow was just not in the mood to hit the gym. I took a detour to my favorite workout place, the local high school track. It was 6 am, a crisp 50 degrees which is perfect running weather.

Here's the workout I did:
light jog around the track
8 rounds 30 second sprints, followed by 1 min rests
6 rounds stadium stairs with 5 vertical jumps no rest
light jog around the track
stretching

I didn't have my watch with me (thankfully threw Gymboss in my bag) but this took under 40 mins total.

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. syntrax nectar protein drink
after shower - green drink w/spinach, kale, collards, red swiss chard, celery, cucumber, parsley, ginger, apple, lemon juice, apple juice, 1 tablespoon flax oil added after blended, green tea

2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop Miracle Reds, serving of almonds

3. 3 oz organic chicken breast w/black bean avocado salsa, a pear

4. organic cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus

5. 3 oz chicken burger, 1/2 cup quinoa, roasted asparagus, green tea

6. cottage cheese snack pack, small handful raw cacao nibs, cherries, nut and seed crunch bar

A friend recently asked me what I do with a bunch of red swiss chard and I told her that I throw it in a green drink I make every morning. Her response to that was, "If I didn't work I'd do that too". So that had me thinking how much time it REALLY takes to drink greens in the morning. Well, this morning I timed it. 14 minutes. That's to take the vegetables out wash and rough chop them and blend them. Clean up is easy. Wash the blender. Just because I'm home I have all the time in the world? With two littles I really don't have the time! It really just goes to show if it's important enough to you, you find the 14 minutes to fit it in. I like alot of variety in my drinks but you could take 3 ingredients and make a drink. It's still whole foods you are consuming, just blended in a drink!

Tomorrow morning is lifting! Looking forward to a good night's rest!

1 comment:

  1. I work nonstop and i just had a green drink AND cleaned the kitchen!

    thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete