Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Workout and Meals for 6/16/09

This morning I was excited the workout was going to be a little different. The same exercises but the sets and reps changed. Just enough to shake it up but not too much. I am also happy to report I made a really good decision to switch from my usual white rice to quinoa. I don't know why I didn't include this pseudograin sooner. I always have some in my refrigerator! The rice cooker is just so quick and easy though.

Here's how my day went -

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - syntrax nectar protein drink w/1 tsp glutamine, a brown rice cake
after a shower - green drink w/spinach, kale, red swiss chard, collard greens, celery, cucumber, parsley, ginger, an apple, lemon juice and apple juice, 1 tablespoon flax oil, green tea

2. chobani plain greek yogurt with 3 sliced strawberries and a handful of blueberries, serving of almonds

3. 3 oz grilled shrimp w/black bean avocado salsa, a pear

4. organic raw cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus

5. 3 oz chicken burger, 1/2 cup quinoa, roasted asparagus

6. cottage cheese snack pack, handful of cherries, nut and seed crunch bar


Workout
NROL4W Phase 1 workout A

5 min bike warm up followed by bridges

squat - warm up 45x8, then 3x10 - 55, 60, 65

alternating
push up - 3x10
seated row - 3x10 80, 90, 95

alternating
step up 3x10 - 12, 12, 15
prone jacknife (my new fav exercise) 3x12

5 mins bike then stretching

Total time to complete weight portion 29:15, so about 40 mins total.

Unfortunately I didn't get up to leave myself enough time to get the sprints in SO I'll be getting up tomorrow morning to do them!

4 comments:

  1. Prone jacknifes ARE great! Hard if you are a beginner, though... how do you like NROL4W? I am going back and forth what program I want to train in my off season...and I think I might like that one...keep posting your thoughts and opinions on it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Jenn! I really like NROL4W. I like that it's basic compound movements. There are 7 phases which is about 6 months to complete. It's nice to know what workout I'm doing 3 days a week and that I'll be stronger when it's complete and not get stuck in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice workout, Julie!

    NROL(4W)is one of my favs as well...Not sure I know what a prone jackknife is? (Lying on your back, right? Not w/feet on ball)

    Still haven't had time to look for syntrax nectar, but I will!

    Keep up the good work, "T-1000"!

    Fred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Fred! Prone jacknife is facing down with feet on a stability ball then curling your legs in and out. It takes alot of core stability to control the ball. Definitely more challenging than it looks! Give it a try sometime!

    ReplyDelete