Sunday, June 14, 2009

Workout and Meals 6/14/09 and Goals for Next Week

Busy day today. We had a christening party to go to in the afternoon. A few of my meals show what I ate at the party. It's not TOO terrible!

Here's how the day went:

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - Syntrax Nectar protein drink w/1 tsp glutamine, brown rice cake
after shower - green drink w/ spinach, kale, collard greens, red swiss chard, celery, cucumber, parsley, ginger, apple, lemon juice, apple juice, 1 tablespoon flax oil mixed in, green tea

2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop of Miracle Reds, serving of almonds

3. 1 egg, 1 egg white omelet w/black bean avocado salsa, honeydew melon

4. raw broccoli, cauliflower, cucumbers w/ a little bit of some kind of creamy dip

and get ready for this......

5. small piece of chicken saltimbocca, 1 meatball, 1 eggplant rollitini, huge serving of salad w/balsamic dressing and a piece of strawberry shortcake!

6. fresh cherries, nut and seed crunch bar

Meal notes - I skipped the bread and penne vodka so I could have a piece of cake which was from this amazing local bakery. Halfway through eating it I got such a sugar rush and then I felt sick for 2 hours after that! So much for that!

Workout
NROL4W Phase 1 workout B

5 min bike warm up followed by bridges

deadlift - warm up 45x8, then 2x12 - 60, 65

alternating
db shoulder press - warm up 10x8, then 2x12 - 12, 12
wide grip late pulldown - warm up 50x8, then 2x12 - 60, 60

alternating
lunge - warm up 8x5, then 2x12 - 10, 12
swiss ball crunch - 2x10

Then I headed outside for some killer sprints. 30 second sprints followed by 1 minute recovery for 8 rounds. Wow!

Total time for the weight portion of this workout was 21:25. Add in the bike and my sprints. Total workout time 38:25.

Workout notes - Those bridges are really helping with glute activation. I notice a huge difference! Next workouts will be 3 sets of 10. The sets increase and the reps are decreasing so I can really push those weights. Looking forward to it!

The plan for next week:
Monday - spin
Tuesday - lift + sprints
Wednesday- OFF (or sprints if not done on Tuesday)
Thursday - lift
Friday - run or spin
Saturday - Foundations kettlebell and bodyweight class!
Sunday - OFF

I have decided to hold off updating numbers and pictures until the end of Phase 1 which is a few more weeks. I figured I'd take pics at the conclusion of each Phase just to be consistent.

Ready to kick butt next week, are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment