Thursday, June 11, 2009

Workout and Meals 6/11/09

I woke up and it was misty rain and fog AGAIN! I'm starting to feel like I live in Seattle. I've been working my ass off and I can't even wear tank tops! No really I am laughing because when I was overweight I loved days like this. Where I didn't have to worry about feeling uncomfortable because it was chilly enough to cover up the flabby arms and the out of shape legs.

Anyway, I got up this morning and got the workout done and that's the most important part.

Here's how my day went:

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately after - syntrax nectar protein drink
after shower - vegetable green drink, 1 tablespoon flax oil, green tea

2. chobani plain greek yogurt, big handful of blueberries, serving of almonds

3. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/few tablespoons salsa, 1/2 avocado

4. raw organic broccoli, cauliflower and sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus

5. 4 oz salmon, 1/2 cup white rice, roasted asparagus

6. cottage cheese snack pack, 4 sliced strawberries, nut and seed crunch

Workout
NROL4W Phase 1 workout A

3 mins bike warm up followed by bridges and pop squats.

squat - warm up set 45x8, then 2x12 - 55, 60

alternating
push up 2x12
seated row 80, 90

alternating
step up 2x12 - 12, 15
prone jacknife 2x10

5 mins bike cooldown + stretching

20:47 to complete weight portion 8 mins bike, few minutes stretching. About 30 mins total.

Some side notes - I've been trying to eat brown rice instead of white rice over the last week or so and I'm finding it really difficult. I'm half Thai and my husband is half Japanese so we grew up eating steamed white rice. Brown rice is just wrong on so many levels. Maybe I'll pick up a small bag of brown rice next time I go to the asian grocer. The Lundenberg organic long grain brown rice is just not cutting it for me. Anyone have a brand they like?

I think tomorrow morning I'm going to do a spin class. There is a new instructor for the 5:45 am class. I want to see if this guy is any good!

2 comments:

  1. Julie, you're like a machine! May have to change your name to "greenteaterminator". Hope you don't mind the nickname...
    The thing I like most about you (besides that you're UBER-nice) is your attitude and the consistancy you have each and evey morning to get to your butt to the gym and get it done. Very impressive, "T-1000", aka Julie!

    Nice workout! Keep it up!!

    F.

    PS: Are pop squats like 'jump squats'?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep thinking if I can get another day down, I'm one day closer to my goals. Soon the days turn into weeks then months and so on. I don't let a negative though creep into my brain, LOL

    Yes pop squats are like jump squats.

    Thanks for the comments Fred!

    ReplyDelete