Saturday, June 13, 2009

Meals 6/13/09

Saturday, glorious Saturday! No workout today. Spent time with the family and got to the organic farm for some fresh red swiss chard. Going to saute half the bunch and use the other half for green drinks.

Here's how my day went as far as my meals:

1. syntrax nectar protein drink, then a green drink w/1 tablespoon flax oil, organic coffee w/organic 1% milk

2. plain chobani greek yogurt w/handful blueberries, serving of almonds

3. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/ black bean & avocado salsa, honeydew melon

4. organic raw cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus, handful goji berries

5. Sushi! 2 oz salmon sashimi, a spicy tuna roll, a shrimp tempura roll

6. handful of cherries, nut and seed crunch bar

I'm sure people get tired of seeing my diet day after day but I find it creates accountability for me and also it shows people what it really takes.

If you were to ask me years ago what a good diet to get lean was, I would have told you plain grilled chicken breast, tilapia, egg whites, oatmeal, protein drinks, protein bars, fat burners. This is because magazines preach this type of diet and then you are relying on all sorts of expensive supplements.

I was surprised to figure out for myself that things like fresh vegetables, Thai curry made with full fat coconut milk, chicken chili, nuts, yogurt, beans, free range organic eggs, rice, and other yummy foods can contribute to getting lean. A watch of portion sizes and an emphasis on whole foods is what is going to make all the difference.

Tomorrow I plan on lifting in the morning and if I can squeeze it in, I'd love to do some sprints after.

Remember the pictures I was telling you about yesterday? Here are a few.











What do you think? I can't believe that's me! I can't believe those are my arms! Hard work has gotten me here and I'm going to continue on and see where it takes me. That is my husband in the pic. Too bad we couldn't get my son to look at the camera.

2 comments:

  1. GTG, you look so great! I am so happy for you and you should be so proud of yourself! You, as usual are an inspiration and make me want to do better. Keep going! You are rocking it!!! XO D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific pics, Julie! Your son is adorable.

    And you and your husband make a cute couple!
    Seeing those backpacks in their little "cubbies" takes me back to when my guys were young...thanks for sharing!!!

    F.

    ReplyDelete