Sunday, June 7, 2009

Workout and Meals 6/7/09

Very busy weekend opening the pool and getting lots of chores done. Saturday was my day off from training and I stuck to my diet with the exception of dinner. We usually order sushi on Saturday nights and I did get an extra roll just to make sure I was fueled up and ready to lift this morning.

Here's how today went:

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - syntrax nectar protein drink, 1 brown rice cake
after shower - green drink- organic kale, spinach, collard greens, beet greens, celery, cucumber, ginger, parsley, apple, lemon juice and apple juice, 1 tblspn flax oil mixed in, green tea

2. chobani vanilla greek yogurt with handful of blueberries, True North peanut, pecan, almond crunch

3. chicken chili w/1/2 cup brown rice, a pear

4. raw organic cauliflower, broccoli, and sugar snap peas with 3 tablespoons hummus

5. grilled shrimp kabobs marinated in asian dressing over spinach salad w/sugar snap peas, grape tomatoes, mandarin oranges, slivered almonds and asian dressing

6. cottage cheese snack pack, nut and seed crunch bar

Workout
NROL4W, Phase 1, Workout A

squat - warm up set 45 lbs for 8 reps then 2x15 - 55, 55

alternating
pushups - 2x15
seated row - 2x15 80, 85

alternating
step up 2x15 - 10, 12
prone jacknife 2x8

Workout took 23 mins. 5 min bike warm up and cool down + stretching about 35 minutes total.

I was finding that when I was approaching the 12 rep mark on squats that I felt a pinch in my lower back on the left side. I can definitely do heavier weights but not on sets of 15. I'm used to 4 sets of 6, or 5 sets of 5 with longer rests. The next time I do workout A the reps decrease and the rest periods increase so I'm expecting to do much better.

Here is how I'm planning the week ahead:
Sunday (today) - lift
Monday - spin
Tuesday - lift + sprints
Wednesday - OFF (or sprints if not done on Tuesday)
Thursday - lift
Friday - run steady state/sprint combo or spin
Saturday - OFF
Sunday - lift

Hope you have your plan for the week!

3 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    You are making great progress and should be quite proud of yourself. Keep it up and let me know if I can help in anyway:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement and for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice line-up, Julie!
    (I just put the rest of my week's training in my journal after reading: "Hope you have your plan for the week." (Doh!)

    Have a terrific week, mi amiga!

    ReplyDelete