Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Workout and Meals 6/9/09

I slept in a bit this morning. Got up at 5:30 am instead of 5 am! Now that I know NROL4W Phase 1 is about 30 minutes total I don't have to be up SO early.

Here's my day:

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - syntrax nectar protein drink, brown rice cake
after shower - lots-o-greens green drink w/1tablespoon flax oil, organic coffee w/1% organic milk

2. chobani vanilla greek yogurt w/handful blueberries, True North pecan, almond, peanut crunch

3. the last of the chicken chili (finally) w/ 1/4 cup brown rice, a pear

4. raw organic cauliflower and sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus, 2 cups plain microwave popcorn (thanks to my son for sharing), green tea

5. 3 oz chicken breast, 1/4 cup brown rice, roasted asparagus

6. cottage cheese snack pack, 4 sliced strawberries, nut and seed crunch bar


Workout
NROL4W Phase 1 workout B

warm up - 5 mins bike following by some foam rolling and bridges. Thanks to some Twitter folks, @laurapasik and @fitprosarah for the exercise suggestions! I'm having a problem with my left glute not firing during squatting, split squats, lunges, deadlifts. Also, Dr. Mark Cheng was nice enough to do a blog post on Reactive Neuromuscular Training which was quite helpful. I plan on trying his suggestions as well.

deadlift - warm up set 1x8x45, then 2x12 - 60, 60

alternating
db shoulder press - warm up set 1x5x10, then 2x12 - 12, 12
wide grip lat pulldown - 2x12 - 55, 60

alternating
lunge 2x12 - 10, 12
swiss ball crunch 2x10

5 mins on the bike + stretching

Time - 19:48 for the weight portion of the workout. 10 mins bike + warm up exercises/stretching about 35 mins total.

It was raining this morning so I didn't get my sprints in after weights. Gonna get those in tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Hey 'Jersey Julie"!

    You boggle my mind...

    "I slept in a bit this morning. Got up at 5:30 am instead of 5 am!"

    Whoa. Double whoa.

    Nice workout, Julie!

    (Sorry for slacking off on my blog reading...been "studying" for something new [a future surprise] and I find myself nodding off at the keyboard when I finally start checking them out!)

    ReplyDelete