Thursday, May 21, 2009

Meals 5/21/09

I guess I don't have to set my alarm clock anymore. I woke up at 5:10 am this morning on my day off and really couldn't go back to sleep. The good news is that it was uninterrupted quality sleep which I needed. Here's what I ate for the day:

1. syntrax nectar w/1 tsp glutamine
green drink - organic kale, collards, spinach, celery, cucumber, ginger, apple, lemon juice, apple juice, flax oil, green tea

2. chobani plain greek yogurt w/scoop Miracle Reds, serving Mrs Mays fruit & nut crunch

3. 2 egg whites, 1 egg omlet w/2 tablespoons salsa, grape tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, a pear

4. raw sugar snap peas, broccoli, and cauliflower w/3 tablespoons Sabra roasted pine nut hummus (YUM!)

5. leftover turkey chili with 1/4 c rice, 1 piece raw cacao goji chunk, green tea

6. syntrax nectar w/1 tsp glutamine, nut and seed crunch

Instead of doing my regular weight workout tomorrow morning, I'm going to do the MMA conditioning workout minus the upright rows because I don't love that exercise. Also going to do front squat push presses in place of squat push presses because I am more comfortable with that exercise. I think a general conditioning circuit is perfect before this race on Saturday. Not looking for any serious DOMS before the run!

Here's the link for the MMA conditioning workout: http://buildingbodies.ca/exercise/randy-couture-workout-for-mma-conditioning/

2 comments:

  1. Where do you do your workouts? Would love to learn more about this MMA stuff. You and Jimmy have got me intregued! I love your dailymile widget! You are a machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually do my weight workouts at home. I have a few barbells, dumbells, a squat rack and a universal. It's easier if I have to move quickly between exercises. I do occasionally lift at the gym but usually just run or spin at the gym. I just sent you a link to MMA workout on Twitter. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete