Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Workout and Meals 5/19/09

This is turning out to be a tough week for me. The last 2 weeks have been great so maybe it's all just catching up to me. I did manage to get up this morning and get in a good workout though.

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - syntrax nectar w/1tsp glutamine
after shower - green drink made with apple juice, flax oil, green tea

2. 1 c pomegranate kefir w/a scoop Miracle Reds, serving of Mrs Mays fruit and nut crunch

3. tuna sandwich made with red onion, light mayo with 2 slices light brown rice bread, a pear

4. large plate of cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas and about 1/2 c hummus, green tea

5. 3 oz salmon, 1/4 c rice, roasted asparagus, 1 organic raw cacao-goji chunk, green tea

6. snack pack cottage cheese, nut and seed crunch

Workout
5 mins bike and pop squats to warm up

straight set
squats - 1x8, 4x6 45, 55, 60, 65, 65

giant set
dumbell push press - 1x8, 4x6 10, 12, 15, 15, 20 this is a PR for me!
incline dumbell flye - 1x8, 4x6 10, 12, 15, 15, 20
bulgarian split squat - 1x8, 4x6 10, 12, 15, 15, 20
reverse grip pulldown - 1x8, 4x6 50, 60, 70, 70, 75
push ups 5x8

straight set
deadlifts - 1x8, 4x6 45, 65, 70, 75, 75

superset
decline sit up 3x8 - 8, 10, 25
plank hold 30 seconds - 3 sets

5 min bike cool down + stretching

I didn't have my watch so not sure how long it took but definitely less than an hour. I thought I was going to put two 20 lb dumbells through my basement ceiling this morning with those push presses. I was really throwing them up! I will say it takes alot of core strength to be able to throw a heavy weight over your head.

I am happy to say that I finally got to have a tuna sandwich today! The light brown rice bread is not bad at all. It's no mushy wonder bread more like a stale bread but I forget how portable a sandwich really is. I am used to rushing all over the place to get home before lunch. I don't mind taking snacks with me but lunch is tough.

Anyway, tomorrow is running 5 miles and I'll be happy when it's over. I'll be sure to post a pic of me and my sister on race day :).

No comments:

Post a Comment