Sunday, May 17, 2009

Update for week of 5/17/09

Another week down! I am excited about the results of the fast. Looks like 2 pounds down since last week which is a big jump for me. I am concerned the bodyfat is the same but I am certainly glad it didn't go up. I can't worry about it until after I run this race. Then the focus will be on lifting heavy with cardio being secondary. That's where the real magic happens my friends! Here are the results of the week:

Measurements - last week (this week)
Height 5 ft 6
Weight 129.5 (127.5)
Bodyfat 21% (21%)
Waist 28 (28)
Hips 35 1/4 in (35)
Right arm 10 1/4 in (10)
Right bicep flex - 11 1/8 (11 1/4)
Right thigh 20 1/4 in (19 4/8)
Right calf 14 15/16 in (14 14/16)
Chest (at largest part) 31 1/2 in (31)
Chest (under) 27 1/4 in (26 3/4)

Very pleased with this week's measurements and already looking forward to next week's pics! Here is the training plan for next week:

Today (Sunday) - lift + run 4.5 miles
Monday - spin
Tuesday - lift
Wednesday - Run 5 miles
Thursday - lift
Friday - Run 3 miles or spin (depending on how I feel)
Saturday morning - 5 Mile Race
Sunday - OFF

I plan to take it easy as far as weights is concerned. My priority is to run this race with my sister and to not overtrain.

As far as diet is concerned, I bought plenty of great fruits and vegetables this week. Organic broccoli, cauliflower, red pepper, sugar snap peas, anjou pears, and strawberries in addition to my usual vegetables.

I don't usually eat bread because I avoid wheat but I did pick up a loaf of brown rice bread because I've been craving a really good tuna sandwich. You know with red onion, and celery chopped in it. I will be having that one or two days for lunch next week!

I have run a few races and the night before I always have spaghetti with turkey sausage meat sauce. This time it's going to be quinoa pasta with ground turkey breast meat sauce :). I can't break tradition but I CAN make it better!

As always lots of water and green tea and generally kickin butt!

I hope you are working closer to your goals next week!

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I love a good tuna sandwich too! Too bad we're not closer, we could do lunch!! Your plan for race week looks good, and I think your progress does too!!

    ReplyDelete