Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Change of Plans

Well folks, I think the time has come to take a break. I've been feeling tired for a while now and last night when I was writing my workout for today I realized I've been at it 6 days a week from as far back as February. I've been extremely consistent since October though and that's a long time without really an "official" break.

Since Monday starts are such a pet peeve of mine, I'm going to plan a weight workout for Friday morning and maybe a track workout on either Saturday or Sunday morning then start a new training schedule on Monday.

This gives me a few days to research what it is I really want to do. I'm leaning toward doing New Rules of Lifting for Women. For those who are not familiar, NROL4W is a 7 phase strength building program designed for women using basic strength building exercises like squats, deadlifts, lunges etc. The program is roughly 6 months in length. I am an exercise and diet book junkie but I would recommend this book to anyone as a good introduction into strength building. If you are interested in finding out more, check out this link http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Lifting-Women-Goddess/dp/1583332944.

In the coming days I am going to focus on rest, good nutrition, foam rolling, and streching.

2 comments:

  1. NROL4W is excellent, as is the original NROL. I'm also a fan of the Turbulence Training workouts. The two systems are quite similar, but I think the NROL workouts are a little better for building strength while the Turbulence Training workouts are a little better for fat loss. That was my experience, anyway.

    Enjoy your time off--sounds like you're doing a good thing for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never followed a program and I think I'm going to give it a shot! I really want to improve my weights on basic lifts as well as being able to crank out chin ups and pull ups :)

    ReplyDelete