Friday, June 5, 2009

Julie, is that you?

Recently at a party, an acquaintance did not recognize me at all. In fact, she didn't even know I was at the party. She asked my sister how I was doing and my sister told to ask me herself I was right over there!

I thought about it and realized the last time she saw me was September. I was about 4 weeks postpartum and she hasn't seen me since. I laughed for a minute and thought, "Wow, do I really look THAT different?". This prompted me to try to find a photo taken after my daughter was born in August but before I really got back into an exercise program.







The photo on the top was taken around October 13th because I went out for sushi for my birthday and this was at the restaurant. That's me on the right with the brown shirt. The most recent photo of me is the race photo from last Saturday's 5K and I'm in the pink tank.

This is the result of 30 lbs of weight loss and 12% bodyfat. Baby steps can turn into major changes and it's never too late to start! Short term and long term goal setting is very important. Make sure to write them down and review them regularly for the best success!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Julie!
    Ah...please pardon my French, but that is f'ing amazing! I had no idea you lost so much weight in so little time. YOU ARE MY NEW ROLE MODEL! ( well, sort of...I'm looking to drop about another 25 to 30 pounds...but I want to end up looking like a guy, not a flexing fox!)

    You look absolutely amazing, Julie. I not surprised at all that your 'friend' didn't recognize you. Kudos to you, my friend!

    Stay strong,
    F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful in your before picture, but now you look like a beautiful athlete!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The transformation is...wow! You really are inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments. I think I look on the outside the way I feel on the inside and that's a great thing :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Good for you...you look GREAT!!! KEEP GOING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the encouragement Jenn!

    ReplyDelete