Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Workout, Meals, and Random Thoughts 6/2/09

Today was the first day doing New Rules of Lifting for Women. It was me, my notebook, and my Gymboss this morning!

Here's how my day went:

Meals
a.m. - workout
1. immediately following workout - syntrax nectar protein drink
after shower - green drink w/flax oil, green tea

2. 6 oz plain greek yogurt w/3 sliced strawberries, serving of almonds

3. 2 egg white, 1 whole egg omlet with raw red bell pepper, 1/2 avocado, and a pear

4. sugar snap peas & cauliflower w/3 tablespoons hummus

5. 4 oz salmon burger w/ 1/2 cup rice, steamed broccoli
piece of dark chocolate and green tea

6. snack pack cottage cheese, nut and seed crunch bar


Workout - NROL4W, Phase 1, Workout A
Squat 2x15 - 45, 50

Alternating
push up 2x15
seated row 2x15 - 80, 80

Alternating
step up 2x15 - 8, 10
prone jacknife 2x8

Time was 20 mins. 5 min bike warm up and 5 min bike cool down plus stretching so a little over 30 mins total time. Planning on doing my intervals at the gym tomorrow morning.

I am not used to doing timed rest periods so that was different for me. Since I am starting from the beginning of the program I decided to be cautious when picking my weights for the sets of 15. I figured I can always move up next workout.

On a separate note, I bought a pair of shorts today. You may be thinking, "Yeah, so what?". Well I haven't bought a pair of shorts in a VERY long time. Not only did I buy shorts, but I had to buy the smallest size they offered which was a size 2! Now this is not a terrible problem to have I'll admit. However, it proves my point that I need to lift more and not focus so much on "fat loss".

Until tomorrow my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Hola Julie!
    Congrats on nailing the first day of Phase 1! Looks like you're off to a good start.

    Let me be the first to say that 80lb cable rows (!) are pretty amazing for someone who weighs in at around a buck and a quarter! Impressive strength right out of the gate, Julie!
    (That would be like me pulling 150lbs fifteen times...no chance of that happening!)

    Must have felt good buying shorts after so long...very happy for you. Keep up the great work!

    Stay strong,
    F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we all have our favorite exercises. Mine happen to be any pulling motion! Hoping that is helpful when I master the art of the pull up ;).

    ReplyDelete