Sunday, May 31, 2009

Avon 5K

I know what you're thinking. Why on earth is she running another race? The honest truth is just to be active and to spend time with my sister. I certainly wouldn't choose to do it by myself. I can find better use of my time like sprint intervals or running stairs. Both of which are MUCH more fun, efficient, and effective for what my goals are.

The race started at 8:30 am on Saturday but since we weren't registered in advance we really needed to get there early to get our number. With two young children and the hustle and bustle going on at my house, we got there 5 mins before race start! A friend of my sister's also ran with us.

The race was held in Avon by the Sea which is a small Jersey Shore town and the course started at the oceanfront and went into the town and ended with a hill! The temperature was perfect about 70 degrees and sunny. I finished in 31 minutes and change. Here's a great action shot taken just before the finish line.

My husband and kids came out to cheer us on and I was so happy to have them there. It is extremely important for me to be a good example for them and my son is at an age (4 1/2) that he can really pick up good and bad habits from us. My daughter isn't even a year old yet so I can still curse like a truck driver and eat potato chips in front of her ;-).

I'm not planning on running any more races unless my sister wants to do one. I really wouldn't want to do more than a 5K though.

Here's to staying active!

1 comment:

  1. Go You!! It's always fun to do stuff with your sister :)

    Lauren
    http://www.teamgiles.com

    ReplyDelete