Thursday, June 4, 2009

Workout, Meals and Random Thoughts 6/4/09

It's Thursday! One day closer to Saturday which is my day off from training.

Here's how it went:

Meals

a.m. - workout
1. immediately following - syntrax nectar protein drink, brown rice cake
after shower - green drink w/organic kale, spinach, collards, beet greens, celery, cucumber, ginger, parsley, lemon juice, apple juice, and 1 tablespoon flax oil. Green tea.

2. 1 cup strawberry kefir with a scoop of Miracle Reds powder, serving of pecan, almond, peanut crunch

3. spinach salad w/ 3 oz chicken breast, beets, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar and EVOO, a pear, green tea

4. raw cauliflower, broccoli, & sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus

5. chipotle chicken chili made with ground chicken, diced tomato, corn, carrot, onion, red bell pepper, black beans, chipotle chili powder, cumin, 1/2 cup rice
green tea and a piece of dark chocolate

6. cottage cheese snack pack w/3 sliced strawberries, nut and seed crunch bar


Workout
NROL4W, Phase 1 workout B

deadlift 2x15 - 50, 50

Alternating
db shoulder press 2x15 - 8, 10
wide grip lat pulldown 2x15 - 50, 50

Alternating
lunge 2x15 - 8, 10
swiss ball crunch 2x8

This workout took 18 minutes. I did 5 mins on the bike for warm up and cooldown plus a little stretching after. I'd say about 30 minutes total.

I am finding I'm REALLY not sure what weight to use for sets of 15 so I'm just going ultra conservative and up it next workout. I'm really loving the 30 minute duration for the first few weeks. I can get up at 5:30 am instead of 5 am. That's always a good thing!

I'm feeling in the mood to just run steady state so I think I'm going to do 4 miles tomorrow morning.

On a separate note, I am booking a foundations class at The Training Room, Jersey Shore Crossfit for June 20th. They go through basic kettlebell exercises and some of the drills they do there. I am looking for just a sample of the workout. I would ultimately like my family to pitch in to get me private sessions to learn kettlebells for my birthday in October. I am extremely excited that I am getting my sister and possibly a friend to join me for the class!

Who else wants to go?

2 comments:

  1. Nice solid session, Julie!
    I like the fact that you finished it in 18 minutes.

    The Crossfit KB session sounds awesome! I'm sure you'll have a blast!!!

    Thanks for the post, Julie!

    Stay Strong,

    F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Fred! With only 60 seconds rest between sets I'm hauling butt and then I'm done! It's a nice change of pace. My workouts before were about 45 mins.

    ReplyDelete