Friday, June 5, 2009

Workout and Meals 6/5/09

Finally Friday! Another rainy morning here....UGH! I got up a little late to get my run in so I wasn't able to get 4 miles.

Here's how my day went:

a.m. - Workout - Run 3.75 miles - 3 miles steady state about 6.5 mph then 1 min intervals 8 - 9.5 mph w/2 min recovery
1. on the way home from the gym - syntrax nectar protein drink
after food shopping and a shower - green drink w/ 1 tablespoon flax oil, green tea

2. 1 cup strawberry kefir w/scoop miracle reds, True North peanut, pecan, almond crunch

3. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/ 1/2 avocado, diced raw red bell pepper, few tablespoons medium salsa, a pear

4. raw cauliflower and sugar snap peas w/3 tablespoons hummus

5. chicken chili leftover from last night w/ 1/4 cup brown rice, green tea

6. cottage cheese snack pack, 3 sliced strawberries, nut and seed crunch bar

I am looking forward to sleeping in a little bit tomorrow morning and getting alot of chores done around the house. I am really thrilled we are opening our pool tomorrow. Swimming really tires my son out and he's got alot of energy so that's a good thing! The weather is going to be sunny so I am planning on getting a good dose of natural vitamin D.

2 comments:

  1. i used to love to run in the rain. something about the crisp air, cold weather. it helped get me mentally stronger, ran farther.
    sounds like a very good day. and there's nothing wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should have run in the rain. It would have saved me time! I went to the gym instead. Next time. In my opinion, the best running weather days are overcast and a misty rain.

    ReplyDelete