Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Workout and Meals 6/3/09

This morning was rainy and the perfect day to stay in bed but I didn't. Got up, went to the gym, and got it done. This is what it's all about people. Getting up when you don't feel like it. Pushing the last 20 seconds on that sprint when you want to stop. Getting that last rep in when you feel like you just can't do it. These are the moments that make a real difference!

I took the kids to a playdate and stopped by a nearby Whole Foods. The closest one to me is about 35 minutes away so I try to get there when I'm in the area. Picked up some organic kale, parsley, beets, cacao nibs, salsa, and a few other essentials. Everyone that works there is SO friendly! Makes me feel like I need to get a job there ;).

Here's how my day went:

a.m. - Workout - treamill intervals, walk at 3.8 for 5 mins, run at 6.5 for 5 mins, then 1 min sprint (between 8.5 and 9.5 mph), with 2 min recovery at 3.8 mph. It was 2.61 miles in 30 mins.

1. On the way home from the gym - syntrax nectar protein drink
After shower - green drink w/flax oil, green tea

2. vanilla greek yogurt, serving of almonds

3. 4 oz salmon burger, 1/4 c rice, steamed broccoli

4. dry roasted soybeans, cacao nibs, goji berries

5. 2 egg white, 1 egg omelet w/raw red bell pepper, 1/2 avocado, few tablespoons medium salsa

6. cottage cheese snack pack w/3 sliced strawberries, nut and seed crunch bar

I am going to say here that I had a few pieces of the beet when I was slicing it up, and like 3 pieces of my son's Pirate's Booty which is a puffed corn cheese snack. I don't usually eat stuff just because it's there.

Tomorrow is lifting again. My cell phone alarm is set for 5:30 am!

2 comments:

  1. GT girl, what is the benefit of greek yogurt compared to regular organic yogurt? Not sure if there were benefits or just a personal choice. LMK Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greek yogurt has a thicker consistency almost like sour cream and the nutritional profile is amazing. I think Chobani brand plain greek yogurt is 100 calories and 18 grams of protein. I like to add some fruit and have nuts along side. Regular yogurt doesn't have as much protein and the fruit flavored ones have alot of added sugar. Give greek yogurt a try. A great snack or even lunch for that matter!

    ReplyDelete